Friday, August 1, 2008

Sips and Strokes



When I started teaching I had no idea I'd be where I am now. I'll have to write an entry later and explain the depth that statement holds.

Anyway...during my first two years teaching I met two of the nicest girls (Jill and Wendy), both of which are two of my best friends now. We're at three different schools, and have three totally different sets of responsibilities, but manage to make sure we stay in touch. I love the fact that it may be a month between when we talk to each other, but it only seems like a few minutes have passed when we do get to talk.
Every summer we try to get together as much as possible (to make up for not being able to do so during the school year). We went to Trussville to paint at Sips and Strokes last night. It's a company local to the Birmingham area (I think there is one in Georgia somewhere, though). We had a BLAST!!! It's so funny to watch people all try to do the same thing at the same time. We all painted the same thing, but it all came out so differently because our personalities are so different. If you are interested in seeing how things turned out I posted the pictures on my Facebook page.
If you are local to the Birmingham area or if you are just passing through TRY SIPS AND STROKES!!! There are five or six different places around the Birmingham area.
I'm not being paid to plug them or anything. I just think it's an awesome experience!!! http://www.sipsnstrokes.com/

1 comment:

Nathan and Meg said...

This sounds and looks like so much fun!!! I saw your pictures on Facebook so it was good to read more about it on here...hope things are going well for y'all! Ready to start back to school?? =)

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker