Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Very Helpless Feeling

Nathan has a fever tonight. It came on about 5 o'clock or so. It's been between 100 and 103 since then. It's 12:22 right now. I've given him medicine and even put him in a cool bath an hour or so ago. It helped for a little while, but the fever won't break.

I know that fever is his little body's response mechanism, but I hate the feeling of just not being able to 'fix it'. He's not his laughing, jolly self. He just doesn't feel good. I don't know what he is fighting off, but we went to the McWane Center yesterday. Jamey seems to think he picked up something from there. Who knows?! I just want him back to his normal self.

My prayer is that God will touch his little body and heal it. I pray that I'll know what to do and know when I need to do it. I LOVE being a Mommy, but it's times like these that are so stressful. I pray also that God will give me the discernment to figure out if there is any other way I can help. God Bless Nathan and his little body. Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

praying for you guys--hope things are going better by now.

Rachel Parker said...

Thanks, Ann...things are going better as of now. We were up every 2 or 3 hours with him ALL night. We're all exhausted, but his fever hasn't gotten above 101 today (yesterday's high was 103.) We're just keeping medicine in him. Thanks so much for your prayers!!!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker